Kevin M. Kinne
Phone: 413.443.9399 (Pittsfield)
Phone: 413.528.9399 (Great Barrington)
Kevin returned home to the Berkshires in 1994, after practicing law for several years at one of Boston’s largest law firms. Kevin has helped individual and corporate clients achieve outstanding results in litigation and is committed to providing superior service to his clients. His work in state and federal courts and his successful advocacy before arbitrators and administrative agencies has resulted in numerous substantial monetary awards and settlements. Legal publications and newspapers throughout the world have reported Kevin’s cases. Some of the largest employers in the Berkshire region rely on him to defend them in litigation; they also seek his advice on a variety of employment law issues.
- Amherst College, B.A., cum laude
- University of Massachusetts, M.S.
- Northeastern University School of Law, J.D.
Areas of Practice
- Securities Fraud
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Disputes
- Environmental Litigation
- Wage and Hour Violations
- Recovered a $7.8 million settlement for 279 Latin American investors who lost money in the Madoff Ponzi Scheme.
- Won $1.145 million, plus interest, for an individual investor in an arbitration case tried in Manhattan against a national asset management company that was represented by one of the country's largest law firms.
- Following a two-day mediation in New York City, multiple defendants agreed to pay a $10 million dollar settlement to Kevin's clients.
- Negotiated a half-million dollar settlement for a client who was injured when she slipped and fell outside of an apartment.
- Mediated a settlement with an insurance company and recovered a quarter-million dollars for a client who was injured when his car was hit by a garbage truck.
- Negotiating with insurance companies and businesses, Kevin has settled cases involving motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall accidents and securities fraud ranging from $100,000 to more than a million dollars.
- Won more than $300,000 in arbitration in Puerto Rico for a Uruguayan couple in a case against Merrill Lynch.
- Won a $250,000 award in a sexual harassment case tried before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
- Successfully defended corporations and small businesses in numerous employment discrimination cases before state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
- Regularly advises employers on a variety of employment law issues, including the preparation of employee handbooks and policy manuals, preparation of employment agreements, separation agreements, hiring documents and related forms. Kevin works to protect employers' trade secrets and assists businesses in work-force reductions and restructurings, disability accommodation, state and federal pregnancy leave law compliance, and insurance coverage of employment- and benefits-related claims. Kevin's clients also regularly consult him on such matters as workplace privacy, electronic monitoring and drug and alcohol testing, and employee evaluation, discipline and discharge.
In the Community
- Kevin devotes significant time volunteering in the Southern Berkshires, where he lives with his wife Cathleen and their four children.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Berkshire Bar Association
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association
- Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center, Advisory Council
- Housatonic Youth Basketball, Trustee